1. When a child goes to war (posted June 1) "The flat portrayal of child soldiers necessitated by the state of international law says these children can either be traumatised victims or they will become invisible."
2. I'm a black ex-cop, and this is the real truth about race and policing (posted May 28) "The victims were electrically shocked, suffocated, and beaten into false confessions that resulted in many of them being convicted and serving time for crimes they didn't commit. One man, Darrell Cannon, spent 24 years in prison for a crime he confessed to but didn't commit. He confessed when officers repeatedly appeared to load a shotgun and after doing so each time put it in his mouth and pulled the trigger."
3. 23 Struggles Kids Today Will Never Know Or Understand (posted June 3) Oh my goodness, remember MapQuest?
4. God Calls Caitlyn By Name (posted June 2) Amen.
5. Jon Stewart Made a Brilliant Point About Caitlyn Jenner That Nobody's Talking About (posted June 3) "I have to ask the most important question: Does she have a better body than Kim Kardashian?"
6. Toilet swirl (posted June 3) 2 videos which sync together, about the question of whether toilets in the northern and southern hemispheres flush in opposite directions. Totally worth watching.
7. June 4
9. And here are all the links you could ever want about the Duggars:
Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar’s Interview with Megyn Kelly: Minimize, Deny, Obfuscate
The missing pieces of the #DuggarInterview: humility, responsibility, understanding
Defending the Duggars is defending rape culture
A Parade of Lies: The Duggar Interview Review.
In a Duggar world, the real victims take a back seat to their parents
Why Jill & #JessaDuggar were not "speaking for themselves" in their interview with @megynkelly
A Homeschool Alumna's Thoughts on Megyn Kelly's Interview of the Duggars
What happened to the Duggars could happen to your family. Here’s how to prevent it.
Megyn Kelly Asks Duggar Girls: Show Us On The Doll Where The Liberal Media Touched You
The Voice of False Submission and the Duggar Sisters’ Interview.
And one more thing: During the interviews, the question was raised of whether people are going after the Duggar family because of their "Christian beliefs."
Well, yeah it absolutely is because of their beliefs. Not their "Christian beliefs" though- it's because of their quiverfull/ purity culture/ Christian patriarchy/ anti-LGBT beliefs. It's because all these years, their message has been "This is the CORRECT way to have a family. This is GOD'S way" and now we learn what kinds of nastiness are hiding beneath the surface- and I believe it is their belief system which allows that abuse to happen and to be covered up.
These beliefs need to be attacked and destroyed.
(I'm all for Christian beliefs though. ^_^ You know, things like resurrection, justice, love, caring for the least of these. Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.)