1. I married a sex offender (posted February 2014) "He told everyone who would listen his manipulative version of the abuse, with no regard for the privacy or feelings of the victim or even his own family."
2. Euclid The Game. For the math nerds like me. See if you can do some compass-and-ruler constructions in this game.
3. Brazilian prostitutes and Christian evangelicals play soccer match on World Cup sidelines (posted June 15) "Rights must be the same for everyone. We're no different from anyone else just because we're sex workers."
4. Cat And Lynx Become Inseparable Friends (posted June 8) Oh my goodness you guys this is the most adorable thing.
5. Why We Need More Movies About Abortion (posted June 19) "Despite the fact that 1 in 3 women will have an abortion before age 45, judging by the content of mainstream movies and TV, it seems more likely a woman will try on ten thousand bridesmaid dresses, accidentally fall for a trained assassin, or change bodies with her teenaged self than terminate a pregnancy." So... I'm pro-choice in theory but this really really scares me/ makes me really uncomfortable and I can't explain why.
6. When Suits Become a Stumbling Block: A Plea to My Brothers in Christ* (posted June 19) "When you choose to exist in public looking well-groomed and sharp, you are basically extending an invitation for me to lust after you." Well amen.
7. Not Everyone Is Beautiful (posted June 9) "Because if everyone is beautiful or everyone can be beautiful or everyone is beautiful to someone, it’s okay to base a civilization around it."
8. Bathsheba and the myth of unconscious seduction (posted June 13) "A woman is in the wrong merely for having a body, for being beautiful, for being visible. To be sinless and safe, she must cover up."
9. These curious animals:
10. Inflatable Unicorn Horn for Cats (posted June 25) "Cats love it!"