Monday, July 22, 2013

Blogaround

Image source.

1. Reflections on Being a Black Man in America (posted July 14) "If someone questions my presence at any location, they are now justified to be the police. They can follow me (even when the police say not to), question me, and I cannot do anything. If I become angry for being followed, if a fight for whatever reason begins, my life can be taken away without consequence."

2. Questions from Christians #4: “Why do you have to tell people you’re gay? Can’t you keep it in the bedroom?” (posted July 8) "Straight readers: Suppose a rumor began circulating that you’re gay, even though you aren’t. And suppose your family, friends, coworkers, church, and acquaintances all began to believe the rumor. Would you correct them? How long would you let them believe you’re gay before you felt the need to tell the truth?"

3. Dear White Folks: Black People are Sensitive to Race (posted 2012) "Have you ever been followed in a store by a clerk? Even when they were the only clerk in the store and they left the entire front of the store open while 'folding sweaters' all around the area in back where you were shopping?"

4. Obama: 'Trayvon Martin could have been me' (posted July 19) "There are probably very few African-American men who have not had the experience of walking across the street and hearing the locks click on the doors of cars. That happens to me - at least before I was a senator."

5. DoesTheDogDie.com "The most important movie question."

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis