Tuesday, January 28, 2014

This time, I'll just go with it

So I read Psalm 86, and, as always, I have some issues with it. (Verse 7 says "because you answer me"- does God really answer? What does that mean? When "all the nations you have made will come and worship," so... what does that mean about hell and God accepting everyone, and are they converting to "the right religion" or just worshiping because God forced them to? Also the bit about "among the gods there is none like you"- I really think people back then believed all the gods were real, it was just a question of which one was stronger/ better to follow...)

But I'm not going to get into that now. I always get hung up on that stuff, and it's so tiring.

So right now, I'll just go with it, pick out a part of this psalm that I like, and pray that.

"Teach me your way, Lord,
    that I may rely on your faithfulness;
give me an undivided heart,
    that I may fear your name."

Yeah. That. That sounds good- I want that. Even though I don't know if it makes sense or not.

-------------------

This post is part of a link-up on the topic of Psalm 86. To read other people's posts, click here: Bringing our Whole Selves to Prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis