Monday, December 24, 2012

Blogaround

Image source.

1. God can't be kept out (posted December 17) "He has forgotten that when God showed up, God was executed by the government."

2. Jesus: In Microcosm (posted December 7)

3. The inconvenient truth about mental health and gun control (posted December 17)

4. Preaching lessons at a fundamentalist Bible school (posted December 8) "If you use the word 'share,' I will fail you. On the spot. I don't want to hear one woman stand up here telling us that you ‘wanna share a bit of your heart.’ If you do, you will get an ‘F’ in my class."

5. On Anger and Injustice (posted December 17) "I find myself, day after day, wondering why I seem to be alone in my anger about these things, why so much of the world seems to find my anger more offensive than those events at which I am angry."

6. Christmas Carols as Resistance Literature (posted December 18) "O Holy Night, it turns out, was a song of political resistance and protest. Imagine Americans singing in the years leading up to the Civil War the lyrics Chains shall He break for the slave is our brother; And in His name all oppression shall cease."

7. Napoleon Dynamite Dances To Michael W. Smith (posted December 17) I lolled.

8. More than just Pink and Trains: Sharing the Sex of our Baby (posted December 22) "We are not finding out what career they might one day aspire to, or how they might express their feelings. We are only finding out what genitals the baby has."

9. 'Irresistible' worker fired in Iowa: 'I don't think it's fair' (posted December 22) Right. Because a woman should totally be punished if a man thinks she's attractive and is a "threat to his marriage."

Image source.
Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

  1. That "Inconvenient truth" post is the best, most sensible thing anyone has said to date about the gun control issue. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis

ShareThis