Wednesday, November 2, 2022

October 2022 Carnival of Aces Roundup ("Tell a Story")

Asexual flag. Image source.

Hi everyone! Here's the roundup of submissions for the October 2022 Carnival of Aces, an asexual blog carnival. The topic this month was "Tell a Story."

From sildarmillion:

  • Romance is Confusing: She-Hulk "The impression I get from media is that if you feel strong sexual desire for someone, the good outcome is if that is satisfied, but only if you are single. If you are not single, and if you feel this desire for someone other than your partner, then that is a bad outcome. If you are single and suppress this desire, then that’s bad. But if you are not single, then you’re supposed to suppress that desire. In fact, after a breakup, people on TV sometimes say 'Well at least now you can have random hookups.' It’s like the rest of the world thinks its the most natural thing in the world to want lots and lots of random sex, but only if you’re single."
  • How Understanding My Asexuality Made Me a Less Self-Righteous Person "Asexuality can be dangerous in conservative societies in which no one talks about sex, and where everyone makes a public display of behaviors and attitudes that are natural to an asexual, and hides the behaviors and attitudes that are unnatural to them."

From Blue Ice-Tea: Growing Up Platoniromantic: That One Time I Had a Boyfriend "I wanted to know him better.  I wanted to spend more time with him.  And dating seemed like the perfect excuse to do that.  After all, isn’t that what people who are dating do?  They go off together and spend time alone, talking, getting to know each other?  All that sounded great to me.  And 'dating' was the only script I had for doing it."

From Sukii: Friendship drama (Or, the one in which I indulge in self-delusion and make the same mistakes over again) "While I was going home I realised that he was totally asking me if he could kiss me in the mouth and that this very probably meant that he actually liked me. Anyway, I didn't really want to accept it, so I sort of pretended that he didn't really like me in that way."

From me (Perfect Number): Sea Monsters on Land, and My Life With Vaginismus "And then suddenly the ultrasound technician is asking me why her ultrasound wand won't go into my vagina, as if I'm supposed to know? How would I know anything about that? I'm a good kid!"

Thank you to everyone who sent in their posts for this carnival! I love this topic~

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis