Saturday, October 1, 2022

October 2022 Carnival of Aces Call for Submissions: Tell a Story

An ace of spades card, colored like the asexual flag. Image source.

This month I'm hosting the Carnival of Aces, a blog carnival for topics related to asexuality:

A Carnival of Aces is a monthly blogging carnival centered on the asexual spectrum (asexuals, gray-As, demisexuals, etc.).  Anyone can participate, but responses should deal with asexuality or the asexual spectrum, and they should relate to the month’s theme (which is announced each month by the host).  Responses should postdate the call for submissions.  Alternate forms of media besides blogs are also welcome as long as they deal with the prompt.  If you’re not sure whether your piece is okay, submit it anyway and we’ll figure it out.

For this month, I've chosen the topic "Tell a Story." I feel that it was extremely helpful for me, back when I was figuring out my own asexuality, to be able to read other people's stories and see what parts of them I could relate to. I think it's super-interesting to read about what asexuality actually means in people's lives and how it affects them in practical ways.

So this month, tell a story from your own life about being asexual/ ace spectrum. Here are some ideas:

  • How you figured out you are asexual/ ace spectrum
  • Coming out (to family/ friends/ partner/ doctor/ therapist/ job/ church/ etc)
  • Extremely ace things you did before you even knew you were ace ("I should have realized right then I was ace", that sort of thing)
  • Dating/ relationships/ sex
  • A fictional character whose experiences are similar to yours
  • Or any other personal story from your life, related to being ace

To submit a post, leave a comment on this blog post, with the link to your post. (Or, if that is not working, email me at perfectnumber628 @ gmail.com.) Send in your submissions by October 31, 2022, and I will post the roundup in the first few days of November.

---

Update: Roundup of submissions has been posted :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis