Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Celia and Mike's Baby

Celia and Mike Wazowski, from the movie "Monsters, Inc." Image sources here and here.

Celia lay on the bed, with her shirt pulled up to show her big, purple, pregnant belly. She and Mike watched, excited, as the doctor put gel on the ultrasound wand and began to move it around on her.

As the white lines started to pulse and wiggle across the black screen, Mike stared with his eye wide. "It's our baby!" he finally said. "This is amazing!"

"Mikey, I can't even tell what I'm looking at yet," said Celia.

"This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen," Mike answered, still staring at the screen.

"Okay," the doctor began. "The baby has one head. Its body is a round ball shape, like daddy," she said as she nodded toward Mike. The doctor was a red monster with four arms, wearing a white coat. Two of her hands tapped on the computer keyboard, and one hand moved the ultrasound wand across Celia's belly.

"How many eyes?" asked Mike.

"Wait a minute, I'm checking the organs first. Here's the heart- one heart," said the doctor. Celia squinted at the pulsing white blob on the screen.

The doctor continued, "Very good, the heart is healthy. Brain looks good, liver looks good. Your baby has one eye."

Mike and Celia looked at each other, overjoyed. "Oh googly bear," Celia said. Then she turned to the doctor and asked, "How many legs? I feel like it has a lot of legs in there."

"I see..." the doctor said. "Not legs or arms... it has tentacles. See them moving? I think... probably 6 or 8 tentacles... Hard to see exactly how many."

She added more gel to the ultrasound wand and pushed it against Celia's belly again. "No tail," she said. "Ah, I see a ... something on the top of the head ... I can't tell for sure, but it is probably a snake like you have," she said to Celia.

Celia's tentacle-arm came up to touch her snake hair.

"It looks like just one snake," the doctor said. "Sometimes the child is born with one, and then more will grow later."

Celia nodded. "I only had one when I was born," she said.

The doctor pushed the ultrasound wand against Celia's belly again. "And I see two horns on its head." She clicked something on her computer, then laid the ultrasound wand down on her table, and with two of her hands she pulled out paper towels to wipe off Celia's belly. Then she gave Mike and Celia a big smile, and said, "Congratulations, everything looks great."

Mike took Celia's arm and helped her stand up. "Schmoopsie-poo, you are doing so great," he said. "I can't believe how lucky we are. I'm going to be a father!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis