Monday, March 14, 2022

Top 13 Posts of 2021

A white woman using a laptop. I was going to say "you readers can imagine this is how I look when I'm blogging," but then I was like, NO WAY would I have white furniture like that at the table where I eat. (Especially with a toddler.) Then my husband said, "When you are blogging, you don't look that relaxed." Image source.

Heyyyy it is March (happy Pi Day!), so obviously time for the roundup of my most popular blog posts from 2021, right?

Here are the top 5 with the most page views:

1. Thank you, Libby Anne. In 2021, Libby Anne (the blogger from "Love, Joy, Feminism") announced she would be retiring from blogging. She was one of my favorite bloggers, so I posted a roundup of her best posts.

2. How Pregnancy and Childbirth Changed My Asexuality (or, actually, A Post About Vaginismus). This is my big vaginismus post- everything I've said about my asexuality since then has linked back to this. (Probably the most important post on my blog in 2021.)

3. Not Sure I Want My Kid Reading the Bible. "There is a lot of good stuff in the bible. There are a lot of very good and beautiful truths about God. There are a lot of stories that are great for kids to read. BUT. Most of the bible is not that. So yes, I want to show my child the good parts, but I don't want to misrepresent the bible and have him think that the bible is all about exciting stories, and teaching morality and godliness, and learning good things about God. No, the bible is very much about foreskins, and genocide, and God sending war and disasters as punishment, and laws that had zero understanding of human rights."

4. My Little Niche in the Asexual Community. "This is the little niche I am in, in the asexual community- I choose to be in a 'normative' relationship structure- married, monogamous, opposite-gender partner, expected to have sex. I am interested in how to navigate that as an asexual, and I want to reach out to people (especially women) who are in the same situation. "

5. What If I Dated In High School. About the bizarre and wrong ideas I had about dating when I was in high school, and my current wonderings about the extent to which it's even possible for a teenager to not have bizarrely wrong ideas about dating.

And a few other posts I loved, even though they weren't in the top 5 for page views: 

1. I Don't Know Anyone in China Who Has Had Covid. Yep, this is still true.

2. Strange Fire and 3. Everyone Else's Nadab and Abihu Fanfics. Y'all, I am TIRED of Christians all making up their own fanfics about how Nadab and Abihu were definitely bad people, bad enough that they deserved to be killed in a fire sent by God. Just because the bible says they deserved it, you believed that? Geez. So I wrote my own fanfic. 

4. Sinopharm vaccine, 1st dose. I got the Chinese covid-19 vaccine.

5. US Immigration and the Definition of Marriage. Working on my husband's green card application. "I found it surprising, to be honest, because I always assumed that if you have a marriage license, then you're married, and that's that- but no, for the US immigration system, that's not enough."

6. Love Wins (an Ezra fanfic) and 7. This "Do Not Intermarry With Them" Stuff Hits Different Now. Let it be known that the biblical prophet Ezra was a jerk. I wrote a love story about a couple who stayed together despite all the biblical laws that tried to keep them apart. (And I realized that I am in exactly the kind of inter-racial, inter-national, inter-religious marriage that Ezra would have wanted to break up.)

8. I'm Still Asexual. Yep, I'm still asexual. A LOT of things have changed, but I am still asexual.

------------

Also, CAN YOU BELIEVE I started this blog in 2012? It's been 10 years. And I have not run out of opinions to blog about.

Thank you to all my readers, you are great! Please go ahead and leave a comment about what kinds of posts you like and want to see more of. <3

And I have a Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/perfectnumber Thank you to everyone who supports me on Patreon. You are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis