Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Food in Xiamen, China

One more set of photos I'd like to share, from my trip to Xiamen, China. These are photos of food. ^_^

We were on an island, so there was a lot of seafood:




A lot of restaurants had tanks showing off their fish and sea creatures





Small restaurants along the street had big basins with live shellfish:



Also, there were a lot of people on the street selling mangoes. They all carried big styrofoam boxes, which they then used as a stand to sell the mangoes from. They sliced up the mangoes and sold them in cups, with a stick you can use to stab the pieces in order to pick them up and eat them.



Also some of the mangoes were cut into pretty flower shapes:


There were also other tropical fruits you could buy, in addition to mangoes, but I don't seem to have any photos of them.

So basically Xiamen is a land of seafood and mangoes~

----------------------

Series of posts with photos from my trip to Xiamen:

Taking the Train in China
Xiamen, China
Xiamen, China (part 2)
Churches in Xiamen, China
Food in Xiamen, China

----------------------

If you want to see more posts like this, consider supporting me on patreon~ When I reach my goal of $20/month, I'll do a series of blog posts about various aspects of life in Shanghai. With lots of photos. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis