Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Taking the Train in China (Photos)

Recently Hendrix and I went on a trip, and I have a bunch of photos to show you!

First of all, we took the train, which is SUPER NICE in China. The trains are categorized by their speed- there is K, T, Z, D, and G, with G being the fastest (G stands for 高铁 [gāo tiě]). I think we took D but I don't remember exactly?

Shanghai has at least 3 train stations. We left from Hongqiao station (虹桥). Here are some photos from the train station:

Going through security before entering the train station.


Burger King 汉堡王 [hàn bǎo wáng]

The fast food places are up on the 2nd floor, all around the edge, and you can look down and see everybody waiting for their trains.

These machines scan your ticket and open the gate. Usually everything is extremely efficient and on time. China knows how to do trains.


Chinese fast food restaurant

Going down to the platform to get on the train


There is a display that gives some information like current speed. Here the speed is 245 km/h (152 mph).

Passing through train stations in other cities
I love taking the train in China because you can see that China isn't just all cities. Yeah, I live in Shanghai, everywhere is crowded, so many people, so many cars... It's easy to feel like all of China is big crowded cities. But no, there is actually a lot of countryside, a lot of pretty "middle of nowhere" landscapes.



Arriving in Xiamen

厦门北站[Xiàmén běi zhàn] North Xiamen Station

The train ride from Shanghai to Xiamen took about 7 hours. The train is so nice and relaxing~

Next week I'll post pictures from our vacation in Xiamen. :)

----------------------

Series of posts with photos from my trip to Xiamen:

Taking the Train in China
Xiamen, China
Xiamen, China (part 2)
Churches in Xiamen, China
Food in Xiamen, China

----------------------

If you want to see more posts like this, consider supporting me on patreon~ When I reach my goal of $20/month, I'll do a series of blog posts about various aspects of life in Shanghai. With lots of photos. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis