|On a completely flooded street, we see a bit of a sign above the water- the sign says "but her emails." Image source.|
2. Baby Dinosaur's 99 Million-Year-Old Tail, Encased In Amber, Surfaces In Myanmar (posted December 8) WOW! This is a really really big deal.
3. John Glenn, American Hero of the Space Age, Dies at 95 (posted December 8) "The answer came at 9:47 a.m. Eastern time, when after weeks of delays the rocket achieved liftoff. It was a short flight, just three orbits. But when Mr. Glenn was safely back, flashing the world a triumphant grin, doubts were replaced by a broad, new faith that the United States could indeed hold its own against the Soviet Union in the Cold War and might someday prevail."
4. ‘Evil, evil, evil as can be': Emotional testimony as Dylann Roof trial begins (posted December 7) This is really hard to read.
5. Same story (posted December 5) "And so he loaded his guns and, with deadly intent, headed for the very place that all those millions of other apparently sane people were insisting was the locus of this Satanic baby-killing conspiracy."
6. Creationists claim new feathered dinosaur tail is a bird without even seeing it (posted December 12) I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you. (Note: I am actually not shocked.)
7. Definitive data on what poor people buy when they’re just given cash (posted December 7) "Not one of the 19 studies found that cash grants increase tobacco and alcohol consumption and many of them found that it leads to a reduction."
8. The dark history of how false balance journalism enabled lynching (posted December 14) [content note: description of lynchings]
[content note: links below relate to tr*mp]
1. Doctors see a new condition among immigrant children: fear of Trump (posted November 25) "People worry their families will be broken up, that parents will be deported and children will end up in foster care, on a scale that we’ve never seen before. The feeling out there is one of great fear."
2. Donald Trump Is Gaslighting America (posted December 10) "To gas light is to psychologically manipulate a person to the point where they question their own sanity, and that’s precisely what Trump is doing to this country."