|Black-and-white kitty on a coffee table. Image source.|
2. ‘Please, I am out of options’: inside the murky world of DIY abortions (posted November 21)
3. Harry Potter Theory: Ariana Dumbledore Was An Obscurial (posted November 24) [content note: spoilers for "Fantastic Beasts"]
4. African elephants are being born without tusks due to poaching, researchers say (posted November 27)
5. These Jarring Cards Combine Scenes of Middle East Conflict with the Christmas Story (posted November 29)
6. Texas Tea Party Lawmaker Pushes for Schools to Out Their Students to Parents (posted November 20) This is bad. Outing LGBT children could put them in serious danger. (And if anyone supports this bill and claims to be "pro-life", well, THEY'RE NOT.)
7. Study finds millions of China's 'missing girls' actually exist (posted December 1) A lot of misogny built in.
8. Press Release: Has Evangelist Ravi Zacharias Misrepresented His Academic Credentials? (posted 2015) (via) Wow. Back in the day, I really respected Ravi Zacharius and his ministry.
[content note: links below are all about he-who-must-not-be-named and the election]
1. NY Times: Proof Emerges That Vladimir Putin HEAVILY Altered 2016 Election (DETAILS) (posted November 21) This is not normal.
2. "We're His Problem Now" Calling Sheet. Here's a ton of information on how to call your Congresspeople.
3. White People Problems (posted November 21) "The next president of the United States has made it clear that he primarily views those of us who look like the Hamilton cast — that "diverse America" Dixon spoke of — as a threat."
4. The Trans People Who Are Detransitioning To Stay Safe In Trump’s America (posted November 20)
5. What If Trump Wanted More Illegal Immigration? Wait, He's On It! (posted November 22) "Let’s rebuild our roads, bridges and power grids, and put up some new infrastructure as well, including perhaps an unfinished border wall. That will require a lot of labor, and Mexican labor, including that of the illegal variety, is common in the construction business."