|Billboard in China for the movie "Dr. Strange" (“奇异博士”)|
2. A Survivor Of Gay Conversion Therapy Shares His Chilling Story (posted November 17) "The first step ― which usually lasted six months ― [is] where they “deconstruct us as a person.” Their tactics still haunt me. Aversion therapy, shock therapy, harassment and occasional physical abuse."
3. The GOP’s Anti-LGBT, Anti-Women ‘Religious Freedom’ Law on Steroids (posted November 17) Oh god this is bad.
4. 5 Self Care Tips for Activists — ‘Cause Being Woke Shouldn’t Mean Your Spirit’s Broke (posted in April)
5. Area Man Considers Self Ally To Women Unless They Threaten His Status In Literally Any Way (posted November 14) Ha.
6. An Ex-Muslim’s Peek Into the Mind of an Islamic Terrorist (posted November 22) "The most chilling aspect of all of this was that everything he was talking about was what I had been taught growing up as a child: this life is temporary, just a test, heaven is infinitely preferable to life here and lasts forever, and death is not the end, but a transition to the afterlife." The exact same thing is true for Christianity.
7. The Issue that Dare Not Speak Its Name (posted in May) "What is considered a legitimate religious viewpoint and what is considered obvious bigotry is a reflection of whose humanity you respect and whose is negotiable: and right now, in these interfaith settings, my humanity is negotiable."
[content note: the rest of the links are about, uh, he-who-must-not-be-named and related things]
1. Dear Trump Supporter Who Says They Love Me (posted November 17) "A man actively promised to dismantle and harm my family. To destabilize the security of my child. To harm relatives and friends and you still voted for him."
2. 'Hail Trump!': White Nationalists Salute the President Elect (posted November 21) HOLY SHIT THIS GUY IS RACIST. They are ACTUAL NAZIS.