(And as for the posts about how sad it is that Rodgers has rejected Scripture or whatever, I have this to say: "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the door of the kingdom of heaven in people's faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.")
2. You Are Not A Princess (posted July 13) "They told you to hold still. Watch your tongue, say your prayers, tread lightly on tyranny. He will come for you. When you have cultivated your soul and learned to be content, when you are least expecting it, he will come for you. He will heal the ache in your heart, the one they put there in the first place. So just wait. High up in your castle where no one can hurt you."
3. Post-it burkas and the ongoing anti-Pentecost backlash (posted July 13) "But this concern about such objectification is a bit hard to take from men who are also celebrating their “keeping it clean” by covering up women’s dirty, filthy skin with Post-it notes."
4. 9 Signs You Grew Up Watching the Original Trilogy (posted July 14) "Any time you’re asked to do something you don’t want to do, you respond with, 'But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!'"
5. The Firmament of Genesis 1 is Solid but That’s Not the Point (posted July 15) "To make a distinction between what ancient texts say and what it is presumed people actually thought is hard to justify. The only reason to argue this way is because it is already concluded that the biblical description of the sky and modern scientific observations cannot be fundamentally at odds."
6. The Hopeful, Heartbreaking Ads Placed by Formerly Enslaved People in Search of Lost Family (posted July 13)
7. Can bisexuals be monogamous? (posted July 15) "These circles often portray gay people in particular as claiming, 'I was born this way...so to be true to myself, I need to be able to act on all my sexual desires.'"
8. Unused Icons on Your Desktop (posted July 16). Lol.
9. FBI Joins Investigation Into Death of Sandra Bland (posted July 17) Yeah this is suspicious as hell.
10. The Pitch Meeting for Wishbone (posted July 15) "Like they just never acknowledge he’s a dog?"
11. The spiritual struggle of fighting the church (posted July 17) "I know brave children who testified against the person who hurt them only to look out in the audience and see the courtroom filled with elders and other church members supporting the accused sex offender. Upon witnessing such a spectacle, a girl victim once asked me 'does this mean that God is against me too?'"
12. look at this loaf of bread dreaming (posted July 19) So cute!