1. Let My People Serve (posted April 20) "I was being told that I was shameful; that even though I had done nothing wrong I was a bad example."
2. On Orgies, Bisexuality, James Dobson, and Evangelicals (posted April 19) "They must either deny the lived experience of the (often few) LGBTQ individuals in their lives, or they must reject the image they have been given of LGBTQ individuals by their pastors or other evangelical leaders as false." Yes. This.
3. Ex-gay stories flourish when bisexuality is ignored (posted April 21) "If traditionalist Christians understood that sexuality wasn’t binary, that it isn’t just straight or gay, their ex-gay 'success stories' would fall flat."
4. A Hidden Opportunity in Your Church (posted April 21) "Many children with Autism struggle to process sensory experiences, new environments, or changes in routine, so what most people see as everyday situations, we parents see as potential triggers for fear and anxiety."
5. The Skin I’m In: I’ve been interrogated by police more than 50 times—all because I’m black (posted April 21) "At first, I thought I was being paranoid—I began taking different roads to confirm my suspicions. No matter which route I took, there was usually a police cruiser in my rear-view mirror."
6. Some angry women are angry lesbians (posted April 22) "I am angry that you go to gay pride marches to pray, even if you are not so extreme that you would hold up a placard. Why have you gone there to pray? Do you assume that these people who are open about being gay, who are protesting for human rights, who are daring to say no to shame, are intrinsically further from God than you?"
7. Astronaut Samantha Cristoforetti Wears 'Star Trek' Uniform in Space (Photo) (posted April 21) Wait... astronauts aren't always wearing Star Trek uniforms in space? Why the heck not?
8. The Day I Couldn’t Pray: A True Story of Lament (posted April 23) "Groanings too deep for words."
9. Sexy Admiral Ackbar Cosplay From Star Wars Celebration (posted April 24) Nice.
10. Why Proof-Texting Is Not Like Other Sins (posted April 23) "In other words, proof-texting is not like other sins because its end goal – condemnation and exclusion – is fundamentally opposed to the ministry of Jesus who came not to condemn the world but to save it, all the while intentionally embracing those the rest of the world – particularly religious folks – wanted nothing to do with." PREACH IT.
11. Writing Autistic Characters: Behaviorizing vs. Humanizing Approaches (posted April 14) "...our responses are reasonable responses to unusual experiences."
12. This cat: