Monday, October 29, 2012

Blogaround

1. In which it's not much fun being The Project (posted October 22) "They didn’t see the ways that God was already at work among us. God didn’t arrive in our community when they showed up; He was here all along. (He still is.)"

2. Starving Orphans with Flies (Tropes Christians Use to Talk about the Poor) (posted October 9) "I didn’t wonder whether using this trope damaged both sides, 'the poor' and the Christians representing them, by shifting the issue from how we empower people to how we 'save' babies."

3. The Candy Crowley Effect: Little Things Can Lead to Big Changes (posted October 22) "One of the top barriers that women name to reaching the top is a lack of role models."

4. The S word that ruins most of us (posted October 24) "If the first thing God does to me is the worst thing I can imagine, I have the worst god."

5. How To Be Friends With People Radically Different From You (posted October 24) "What if you believed that every person had a valid reason for his or her view?"

6. What "health of the mother" means (posted October 24) "When cancer was suspected during my pregnancy, I faced a decision no woman wants -- and few politicians understand."

7. Equal Pay For Equal Work: Not Even College Helps Women (posted October 24) "The American Association of University Women is releasing a new study that shows when men and women attend the same kind of college, pick the same major and accept the same kind of job, on average, the woman will still earn 82 cents to every dollar that a man earns."

8. What I Learned from Joshua Harris (posted October 25) OH DEAR GOODNESS, this post summarizes EXACTLY what I was taught about dating and purity and how it made me TERRIFIED of dating. Wow. Like, wow. "I knew that if I broke up with him I would be damaged goods, but also that I should break up with him immediately if I felt our relationship was not leading to marriage."

9. 10 Questions a Pro-Choice Candidate Is Never Asked by the Media (posted October 24)

10. The meaning of human suffering is not The Meaning of Human Suffering (posted October 25) "Why do the hungry suffer? For lack of food. Why do the oppressed and enslaved suffer? For want of liberation. ... Human suffering is cause for action — for individual and institutional and structural steps to relieve it and to prevent it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis