|Here are some facts about climate change the president doesn't want you to read. Image source.|
Go and learn what this means (part 5) (posted January 23) "Those are the meanings we try to force into their mouths when we try to tame these passages into some piously moralistic lesson about all our good works being filthy rags. Yesbutofcourse, we say, our prayers and offerings and worship might be somewhat less than wonderful to God if we don’t have the proper attitude — the proper level of passionate sincerity and sincere passion. We pretend the prophets were worried about our feelings — about whether or not we really, really, really mean it when we do our religion things."
2. Sunday favorites (posted January 15) "For you build the tombs of the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous, and you say, 'If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.'"
3. Interior Dept. Ordered to Stop Tweeting: Report (posted January 21) "The Interior Department has been banned indefinitely from using its official Twitter accounts after sharing two tweets Friday that appeared unflattering and critical of the Trump administration, according to reports."
4. Overhead Shots Show Massive Women’s March Crowds in Cities Across America (posted January 21)
5. The Jehovah’s Witnesses Want to Make Sure Kids Don’t Use Kiss Emojis When They Text (posted January 22) The video is hilarious.
6. Jessica Ladd: The reporting system that sexual assault survivors want (content note: rape)
7. Trump Administration Removes LGBTQ Content From Federal Websites (posted January 24) Well that's creepy.