2. Hiroshima: An Anti-Transfiguration and Nagasaki: The Sufferings of Christ (posted August 8) "Why do we so readily agree that the Holocaust was a sin, but defend the atomic bombings?"
3. After #Ferguson (posted August 10) "I am literally putting myself in the place of people who are now dead, wondering if there is any way I can protect myself, escape, live."
4. Why Sex Still Dominates Christian Focus On Human Trafficking (posted August 11) "The vast majority of modern slaves are in chains not for sex, but so that you and I can save a few bucks at the store."
5. Wildlife Experts Say Not Climbing Into Gorilla Enclosure Likely Saved Man’s Life (posted August 13) Lol. The Onion.
6. Planned Parenthood Gets Religious Support (posted August 12) "A total of 56 faith-based groups have sent a letter to members of the Senate voicing their support for Planned Parenthood and urging them to reject efforts to defund the organization."
7. This Is What Happens When You Come Out As A Gay Christian Rock Star (posted August 13) "She said she knew she was gay when she was 13, and she’d wept into her bedroom carpet wishing God would end her life."
8. The Problem We All Live With (posted July 31) A radio podcast about school integration. This is really worth listening to.
9. 9 Affirmations You Deserve to Receive If You Have a Mental Illness (posed August 10) "You are worthy of love."
10. The Scarlet Letter: The A-word doesn’t apply when the Right People choose it for the Right Reasons (posted August 12) "For Walker et. al., the word “abortion” refers to evil baby-killing performed on behalf of irresponsible sluts for unknown — but presumably evil and indefensible — reasons. The termination of a pregnancy by good, white, Christian people may be the same procedure, but since they’re good, non-slutty people, they get to call it something else."
11. Two essential ways we need to support pregnant workers (posted in June) "Right now, if you’re pregnant and need a workplace accommodation — even something simple like being allowed to take extra restroom breaks — you have to show that you are medically impaired by the pregnancy (the whole fetus-in-womb thing isn’t enough)."
12. This Study Should End The Debate About Whether Women Regret Having Abortions (posted July 13) "According to a new study that tracked hundreds of women who had abortions, more than 95 percent of participants reported that ending a pregnancy was the right decision for them."
13. You May Know Me from Such Roles as Terrorist #4 (posted July 27) "You've heard of actors getting typecast. But there is no group more slighted, more narrowly cast, than the Muslim-American actors who earn virtually their entire livings pretending to hijack planes and slaughter infidels."
14. An Atheist On The Worst Passage In The Bible (posted August 13) 1 Corinthians 1:17-31