|Happy birthday 佳佳 (jia jia)! Image source.|
2. ‘I’m No Longer Afraid’: 35 Women Tell Their Stories About Being Assaulted by Bill Cosby, and the Culture That Wouldn’t Listen (posted July 26)
3. Why I Donated Fetal Tissue After My Later Abortion (posted July 27) "It was horrible for us to have to end a much-wanted pregnancy, but we made the best of it by donating the fetal tissue for research."
4. No, the African American Womb Is Not More Dangerous Today than during Slavery (posted July 27) "Do you know what historians estimate the rate of child mortality under slavery was? A full 50%."
5. Healthy Theology: Loving Neighbor (posted July 27) "If someone has to agree with your theological system in order to agree that what you are doing is “love,” then you are not loving your neighbor as yourself." (See also slactivist's post.)
6. “I Am A Human Trafficking Survivor & Here’s What I Want To Ask Christian Activists” (posted July 30) "Please stop treating mental health issues like spiritual ones. Please stop making Bible Studies, prayer, church attendance, and spiritual exercises a mandatory component of your programs/services."