|Out-of-body experience. Image source.|
2. You’re (Not) Gonna Miss Me When I’m Gone? (posted April 27) "Does that really work? If so, then why can’t the same principle apply to soothing this sadness by considering that you won’t feel a thing once you’re in heaven?"
3. Why is it only violence when windows get smashed? (posted April 28) "The protests in Baltimore, Ferguson, and other places have brought into focus for me the difference between law and order and justice."
4. My Bikini Has Nothing to Do with You (posted April 27) "Someone else will write another sanctimonious piece about how she’s totally not judging women who wear bikinis, but she refuses to wear them because she’s better than those bikini-wearing harlots."
5. The Most Honest 15 Minutes Of Obama’s Presidency (posted April 28) "But if we really want to solve the problem, if our society really wanted to solve the problem, we could. It’s just it would require everybody saying this is important, this is significant, and that we don’t just pay attention to these communities when a CVS burns and we don’t just pay attention when a young man gets shot or has his spine snapped. We’re paying attention all the time because we consider those kids our kids and we think they’re important and they shouldn’t be living in poverty and violence."
6. Lesser-Known Trolley Problem Variations (posted April 20) "There’s an out of control trolley speeding towards a worker. You have the ability to pull a lever and change the trolley’s path so it hits a different worker. The different worker is actually the first worker ten minutes from now."
7. Bruce Jenner is Not Your Sermon Illustration (posted April 27) "I fear Bruce Jenner’s appearance in Sunday sermons because I know these recollections will not make an effort to demonstrate Jenner as a human being who has lived with this their entire life. Their life will be boiled down and reduced to their “sin” and how Christians can respond to that sin."
8. Baltimore Residents Urged To Stay Indoors Until Social Progress Naturally Takes Its Course Over Next Century (posted April 29)
9. How Western media would cover Baltimore if it happened elsewhere (posted April 30) "Britain has always maintained a keen interest in America, a former colony."
10. Freddie Gray never had a chance (posted May 1) "The assumption that police officers made from the beginning was that Gray must be guilty of something. He was standing on a street corner – not a crime. He made eye contact with one of the officers who approached him – also not a crime. He ran away – still not a crime."