My son had a giraffe toy, and then I let my daughter play with it and she chewed the legs, so now I owe my son a new one. Let's go to Taobao (a Chinese shopping app) and find one.
Okay, so, first of all, I'm not sure how to search for this. I'm trying to buy the exact same toy that my son had, but like, how to describe it? It's a giraffe with legs that you can extend and they have suction cups at the ends.
Giraffe is 长颈鹿 [cháng jǐng lù] and toy is 玩具 [wán jù] so I guess I'll just search 长颈鹿玩具 and see what we get.
Oh, it's the first result. Huh. Apparently this toy is *the* giraffe toy as far as Taobao is concerned. Okay.
Let's click on the first result and see the product information.
A video of a very stylish baby playing with this toy.
More from the product information page:
Okay, let's click 加入购物车 (add to cart). This will show us the options that are available, and then we can pick one and add it to the cart.
They have several colors available. Also, some of them light up (发光款) and some don't (不发光款). Why does every toy need lights and batteries nowadays. I'm not buying the light-up kind.
Okay let's go look at our shopping cart:
All right, looks good, so let's go to the checkout page by clicking 领券结算 (get coupon and checkout). Yeah apparently the original price was 7.8 yuan, and the coupon gets us down to 5 yuan. Seems like there's always some kind of deal or coupon. Don't take it that seriously.
This page is offering us some kind of freezer storage bag for meat, as a little extra thing we could buy for a low price. I don't need that so I'll just keep scrolling.
Total price is 5 yuan (shipping is free), which is less than 1 USD. You click the big 免密支付 button (no-pass pay) button at the bottom to pay, and then you're done.
Usually when I buy stuff from Taobao, it will arrive in 1-2 days. Occasionally it takes longer than that.
So there you go, that's how to buy a giraffe toy on Taobao~
---
Related:
No comments:
Post a Comment