Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Blogaround

1. ‘Bless Every Home:’ Personal Evangelism Done Super-Creepy (posted December 5) HOLY CRAP this is CREEPY. But really it does follow logically from the belief that Christians know the right answers for everyone else's lives.

2. I just found out that a bunch of blogs from the Patheos Nonreligious channel are moving to a new site- here is Friendly Atheist's post about it.

3. Christian "Financial Guru" Dave Ramsey Sued For Religious Discrimination (posted December 14) "In contrast, Plaintiff's religious beliefs required him to heed the advice of science to protect his family from a deadly disease."

4. bell hooks, Pathbreaking Black Feminist, Dies at 69 (posted December 15) 

5. Microsoft’s Bing told by China to suspend auto-suggest search feature for 30 days (posted December 17) Uh, what this article doesn't mention is that on Friday (December 17), for a lot of people in China (including me) the Bing website just would not load at all. Checking it again on December 18, it does load and works normally. So that's good.

I guess the Powers That Be weren't trying to block the entire Bing site in China (though I was 0% surprised when I thought that was what was going on- in China it's normal for something on the internet to suddenly be gone if the government decides it's a problem). I guess they were just disabling 1 feature of it, but somehow blocked the entire thing, but then it was fixed a day later.

I really need Bing! Google is blocked here, and Baidu's search engine is not that good (in my opinion).

6. China riveted by public row between pop star and former wife (posted December 20) I was a fan of Wang Leehom- at our wedding, our first dance was one of his songs. Sad to find out he didn't treat his wife and kids right.

7. Christopher Yuan, Stop Lying about the Participants in the Documentary Pray Away (posted July 16) "Christopher Yuan claims he knew me before my 'deconversion.' This is a complete falsehood. I left the ex-gay movement in 1979. I don't know him and have never met him."

8. Dragons, Jackals, and Bible Translators (posted October 25) "Yet repeatedly, translators read this as referring to a serpent or, commonly, a dragon, who has no business in those deserts and wastelands."

9. Perfectly preserved baby dinosaur discovered curled up inside its egg (posted December 21) "We were surprised to see this embryo beautifully preserved inside a dinosaur egg, lying in a bird-like posture. This posture had not been recognized in non-avian dinosaurs before."

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis