Friday, May 28, 2021

Blogaround

"The Very Hungry Caterpillar" in Chinese. 好饿的毛毛虫。 My son has this book. Image source.

1. Noah’s Flood: Competing Visions of a Mesopotamian Tradition (posted April 7) "In this context, the biblical God becomes just an indecisive protagonist who creates a deluge without really knowing what good it will do."

2. Poor in Tech (posted May 19) "I knew I was the only poor person at my tech startup because they always ordered extra catered lunches, and at the end of the week someone would just throw them away if I didn’t take them home."

3. China's Yuan Longping Dies; Rice Research Helped Feed World (posted May 22) "Worldwide, a fifth of all rice now comes from species created by hybrid rice following Yuan’s breakthrough discoveries, according to the website of the World Food Prize, which he won in 2004."

4. omg:

There ain't no disguising the truth.

5. Eric Carle, Creator Of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar,' Has Died (posted May 26) Love his books ~ they are great for little toddlers like my son <3

6. Dior chooses Chinese transgender star as an ambassador for its new fragrance campaign (posted May 28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis