Monday, March 4, 2019

Worship Songs Round-Up

Here are a bunch of links to my favorite "worship songs", or rather, songs that have a spiritual meaning for me.

We're gonna go ahead and kick off the list with "God is a Girl", so you know this is not a church-approved playlist. :)

"God is a Girl" Groove Coverage



"Unconditionally" Katy Perry



"More" Matthew West



"Perfect Praise (How Excellent)" Walt Whitman and the Soul Children of Chicago



"Oxygen" Avalon



"Fuckin' Perfect" Pink



"How Long" Michael Card



"Monster" Eminem/ Rihanna



"Emmanuel" Michael W. Smith



"Locked Out Of Heaven" Bruno Mars
As an asexual ex-purity-culture ex-evangelical, I love this song for EXTREMELY COMPLICATED reasons.



"That's My King" Dr. S. M. Lockridge
[content note: the video has some images of Jesus' crucifixion]



"God Help the Outcasts" from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame"



"Somebody That I Used To Know" Gotye
(good song for ex-evangelical angst)



"The Final Word" Michael Card



"Christ is Risen from the Dead" Matt Maher
It's stuff like this that makes me wish I could go to church again. But it ain't gonna happen.



"Praying" Kesha



"Adonai" Avalon
Can't explain why I love this song so much. Seems like it has a lot in common with church-y worship songs I literally can't stand for mental health reasons. Idk, man.



"Because of You" Kelly Clarkson
Because my personal relationship with Jesus is over



"Secret Ambition" Michael W. Smith
[content note: video shows Jesus being tortured and crucified, it's bloody]



"Let It Go" from "Frozen"



"Revelation 19:1 (Hallelujah, Salvation and Glory)" Stephen Hurd



"Take Me To Church" Hozier



"Heaven is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle
That's my eschatology.



So, here's a question for my readers that have changed their religious beliefs: What songs are meaningful to you for *spiritual* reasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis