Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Chinese Cafeteria Food

Here are some photos of the food at the cafeteria at my job. To show you what cheap Chinese cafeteria food looks like. ^_^

Tofu strips and sweet sausage
Cucumber
Soup
Rice
So it turns out that typically in China, the soup is the drink. I did not realize this until recently. I have been out at restaurants many times with Chinese people, where they order a bunch of food and it totally seems like enough to me, and then they're like "let's order a soup!" and I don't see why we need a soup, and then the soup comes and I don't really drink any because it's bland and boring. And often when you get fast food, you get a bowl of soup for free with your meal. And it's really common for Chinese people not to buy a drink with their meal, and the drink options on menus are more limited than I would like. And finally, after living in China over 2 years, I put these facts together and realized: the soup is the drink. Oh. Wow. It all makes sense now.
Chicken wings
Curry potatoes
Soup
Rice

Some vegetable that's sort of like green onions
Radishes
Soup
Rice

Tofu
Eggplant
Yogurt fruit drink
Rice

Kung pao chicken
Tofu
Soup
Rice

Some vegetable that's kind of like green onions
Egg cooked into some kind of ground-pork burger-like thing
Soup
Rice

Curry chicken
Fried eggs and tomatoes
Egg and tomato soup
Rice

Dumplings that use egg as the wrapper
Eggplant
Egg and tomato soup
Rice

Pumpkin
Pork
Rice
Coconut milk

Green beans, maybe?
Curry potatoes
Soup
Rice

Eggs and spinach
Tofu
Soup
Rice

Eggs and cucumbers
Tofu with some meat and vegetables
Soup
Rice
It's probably not that healthy, so I don't eat it every day, but I just wanted to show y'all what's normal here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis