Monday, October 13, 2014

Blogaround

Image source.

1. If You Want to See Inequality in the U.S. at Its Worst, Visit an Impound Lot (posted August 26) "A woman on a pay phone wept as she begged whomever was on the line to find money so she could get her car back–she said she needed $875. 'I’m gonna lose my job if I’m not there at 5.'"

2. Building Better Prisons: Can an Architect Change the Way People Think About Incarceration? (posted September 24) "Psychologists agree that even just a few days in solitary can lead to an array of health and psychological problems, but America’s prisons, under the guise of security and safety concerns, continue to isolate and punish people in ways that much of the rest of the world considers barbaric."

3. Social Justice for Single People (posted September 30) "It seems that so many of us (myself included) have bought into the lie that deep, mutually supportive relationships are God’s gift to married people alone."

4. Yes, the World Is Getting Better (posted October 6) "My entire life was built on the premise that the best the world could be was some place in the past, and my goal as a Christian was to collect facts about some bygone era and work hard to revive the lost expression of the faith of my forefathers."

5. NRA: Prayer chain (posted September 30) "God intervenes to compel Loretta to pray for God to intervene to save Buck. Was someone else praying for God to compel Loretta to pray?"

6. 7 LGBT Issues That Matter More Than Marriage (posted 2013)

7. Girl Talk: What Losing My Virginity Taught Me About Faith (posted September 9) "Losing my virginity wasn’t the end result of falling away from my faith – it was the beginning of a renewal, of learning to love God and my neighbors more deeply and fully than ever before."

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis