Sunday, June 11, 2023

Shanghai is having a 2nd covid wave

COVID-19 virus. Image source.

Complete list is here: Index of Posts About the March 2022 Shanghai Covid Outbreak 

---

Hi readers! In my previous covid update, Just some thoughts about masks (May 3), I said that nobody has covid here, and I don't even think it's really necessary to wear masks. Well, a week or so after I published that, the situation changed. We started hearing about people getting covid. Someone's friend-of-a-friend got covid. Several people from my job got covid. My son's school notified us about kids at the school getting covid. This has been going on for several weeks. People getting covid, here in Shanghai.

So yeah, I said in the previous post that I don't wear a mask at work- well, for the past few weeks, I *have* been wearing a mask at work. It's a normal surgical mask, not an N95, because I don't like wearing an N95 for 8 hours a day, but the surgical mask doesn't bother me, so, whatever, I can wear that.

So far, me, my husband, and son haven't had covid. Yay. But our biggest area of risk is at his school, because the kids don't wear masks, and don't really know how to keep their germs to themselves.

Anyway, that's the whole update. Here's an article from SHINE about it: Second wave of COVID-19 sees mainly mild cases (May 19). But remember, we don't believe what SHINE says. We remember the total bullshit propaganda they were publishing during the Shanghai lockdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis