Monday, May 23, 2022

10 Years

A cat wearing a bow tie and glasses, looking at a computer. Image source.

Heyyyy big announcement: This blog is now 10 years old. Can you believe that- I have been writing about why the world is weird (among other things) for 10 years.

My first post was on April 28, 2012, and reading it now, I'm like "it's so cute." 2012-Perfect-Number just wanted to ask "questions about why culture is the way it is." This blog has developed way farther than I imagined; now it's a platform for my opinions about a huge range of things, feminism, Christianity, China, asexuality, being an immigrant, marriage, all kinds of things. And my writing style has changed and developed a lot.

Back in 2012, did I think I'd be in China 10 years later? Actually yes, I was all into radical Christian missions and thought it was no big deal to give up my whole connection to my own culture, and I wanted to live in China "forever." (Not the case anymore.) Did I think I'd be writing this 10-year anniversary post while stuck in a lockdown due to a global pandemic/ the Chinese government's response to a global pandemic? ... no.

I have many more things planned for this blog ^_^ Won't go into specifics yet, because who knows what my actual posting timeline will be. (Though I can tell you in the near future, we'll have more posts about the Shanghai lockdown... so there's that.)

Anywayyyyy I like doing reader surveys once a year- it's really great to get feedback and comments from readers. Here's the link for the 2022 reader survey:

2022 Reader Survey

(survey will be open until June 30, 2022)

And I have a Patreon! Thank you so much to those of you who support me on Patreon. It really means a lot to me. If you like my blog, consider becoming a patron. ^_^

Perfect Number's Patreon

And again, thank you tell all my readers, especially those of you who leave nice comments or reply to my tweets. I'm really glad that blogging has allowed me to meet people and have these kinds of conversations.

---

Follow-up post: 2022 Reader Survey Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis