Sunday, July 12, 2020

Blogaround

1. ICE says foreign students taking online-only classes in the fall can't remain in the U.S. (posted July 6) Well I'm MAD AS HELL. ICE is evil. Like, this is so mind-bogglingly evil I don't know what to say. Just because someone's an immigrant doesn't mean it's no big deal for them to just move back to their home country. I'm an immigrant in China; I've been living here 7 years. And you know what, one of the biggest reasons I came to China was I was inspired by the international students I met in college in the US. It is a hard life, being an immigrant- I know because I am one. There's always that worry at the back of your mind that you don't really have rights and they could kick you out of the country- even though you've done your best to follow all the rules and do everything legally. Kick you out of the country IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC.

They fucking live here. ICE is evil.

2. Not Everyone Has Accepted Women’s Suffrage (posted July 8) "It was fairly clear to me that this dad was sizing me up as a possible wife for one of his four teenage sons."

3. The “Purity” Hoax (posted 2019) So uh, if you actually read Jim and Elizabeth Elliot's letters and journals, you realize they were super-repressed. Why is this portrayed as a perfect fairy-tale romance in purity land?

---------------

And 2 reminders about things I've posted before:

1. Vote From Abroad: If you are an American living abroad, request your ballot for the November elections.

2. My 2020 Reader Survey will be open until July 20. Thank you to everyone who has already taken it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis