Friday, July 26, 2019

Blogaround

A cat reaches into a pond, trying to catch fish. Image source.
1. The Silence of Peggy Carter (posted May 6) [content note: spoilers for "Avengers: Endgame", "Captain America: The First Avenger", and other Captain America movies] "Would a photo of Peggy’s life progressing without Steve have forced him and the audience to remember that she is her own person, and not a prize for a job well done?"

2. Impurity Culture: Learning to Support Reproductive Rights When Your Religion Doesn't (posted July 18) "I felt angry and disillusioned, too, when I began to realize that what I had been told about abortion was a lie."

3. All fives (ready or not, here I come) (posted June 25) "This confuses customers. They’re usually accustomed to real math, and in real math, different numbers mean different things. In real math, 4 is higher than 1."

4. In High School I was the Victim of a Christian Anti-Masturbation Cult #ChurchToo [content note: I guess this counts as child sexual abuse] Umm so this is about an "accountability group" for high school boys... this is really creeping me out because in my experience in church it was seen as good to "confess" your very deep, personal, shameful "sins"... so what's described here sounds very normal and there's nothing that's a clear "red flag"... BUT WOW this is creepy and abusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis