Thursday, October 25, 2018

Blogaround

Two dogs laying together. Image source.
1. So about Joshua Harris's announcement that he realizes "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" was harmful and he's not publishing it anymore. I think it's a good step. I know a lot of ex-purity-culture friends are EXTREMELY UNIMPRESSED about this because he only seems to be taking back the "be terrified of dating" parts while still believing the "premarital sex is a sin, LGBTQIA is a sin" parts, and also he is making a documentary that's going to take stories of people who were hurt by his teaching and spin them a certain way and he'll make money off it... and all those things are valid criticisms... but I just can't really find it in me to be upset about this. Like, I don't really expect him to come around to "unmarried sex is not intrinsically sinful"- it's just UNTHINKABLE that a "good Christian" would believe something like that.

So yeah I think Harris is doing a good thing by making this statement. Of course I don't recommend anyone go and listen to his current views on dating/sex/marriage/etc. Maybe the whole thing just makes me glad I'm no longer part of a Christian culture that takes Joshua Harris seriously.

2. ‘Transgender’ Could Be Defined Out of Existence Under Trump Administration (posted October 21) Whoaaaa no no no no this is bad.

3. It’s okay to let your transgender kid transition — even if they might change their mind in the future (posted October 22)

4. Pence: 'It’s inconceivable there are not people of Middle Eastern descent' in migrant caravan (posted October 23) Wowwww I always saw Mike Pence as one of those nice church people who would be a little more subtle about his racism, but here we are. Disgusting. How will I explain Mike Pence to my children?

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis