|Two fluffy golden retrievers (a big one and a small one) lounging on a rug. Image source.|
2. Police, yet again, refuse first aid for man they shot for no reason (posted July 21) "All you right-wing Christians rushing to cite Romans 13 need to go re-read every time St. Paul invoked his status as a Roman citizen as a shield against the very kind of groveling flattery you insist that black Americans display lest they be to blame for their own fatal shooting. Paul assumed that decadent, pagan Roman emperors had a higher regard for the rule of law than you think police officers with badges should ever be required to have."
3. It’s Time to Say “Abortion” When We’re Talking About Abortion (posted June 29) "Every time democrats and progressive organizations avoid the A-word, they are following rules from an anti-choice playbook. It is far past time for this to end."
4. At the GOP Convention, the Media Went AWOL (posted July 25) "None of this is normal, and certainly not Trump himself. And yet, as I switched from channel to channel, I didn’t hear anyone say, 'However you feel about Trump, this is just plain crazy.'"
5. Ken Ham Isn’t a Big Bad Ogre: Why I Feel Bad About Ark Encounter (posted July 22)
6. Ghazala Khan: Trump criticized my silence. He knows nothing about true sacrifice. (posted July 31) "Donald Trump said he has made a lot of sacrifices. He doesn’t know what the word sacrifice means."
7. Why We Need To Stop Divorce-Shaming Conservatives (And Everyone Else, Too) (posted July 31) "When we drag someone’s divorce into a political MEME, when we make it the butt of a joke, we’re mocking one of the most painful moments of their life. I don’t know how anyone with an ounce of empathy could think it’s okay to mock something so painful and personal."
8. Don't appreciate the significance of Hillary Clinton's nomination? Too bad. This moment doesn't belong to you. (posted July 29)
9. World Reacts to Korryn Gaines' Death at Hands of Police (posted August 2) "Racism is when we ask why she had a gun before wondering why they need a swat team to enforce parking violations #KorrynGaines"
See also: 11 times police successfully disarmed white people without killing anyone
10. Pixar Theory: Cars Are Alive? (posted August 2) "My point is, in 'Cars 2', they are definitely making a nod to this tradition, but they are only successfully doing it if her name is also a double entendre. And they're getting away with it because we, the audience, don't know what would be considered an innuendo for cars. But apparently it has something to do with shifting. Man this is a weird video."
11. why a "Christian testimony" and code-switching don't mix (posted August 3) "If we act one way around our family, another in our church, another while we’re at Wal-Mart, and yet another when we’re on the job, what are we even doing? How can you possibly hope to be “the only Jesus people will ever meet” if you’re not being a shining example of Christian living 100% of the time?"