|Khizr Khan speaks at the Democratic National Convention. "Let me ask you, have you even read the United States Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy." (Image source.)|
2. The White Invisibility of Racial Profiling (posted July 18) "Black people run the risk of being stopped because they look suspicious, and lest you think I’m exaggerating here, bear in mind that there are multiple stories of black people being arrested in their own houses because police assume they must be burglars."
3. This Is What I Mean When I Say "White Feminism" (posted 2014) "White feminism is a set of beliefs that allows for the exclusion of issues that specifically affect women of colour. It is "one size-fits all" feminism, where middle class white women are the mould that others must fit."
4. Joshua Harris Wants to Know if Anyone Was Hurt By His Book. (posted July 20) "I used to wonder why on earth so many Christians are willing to take advice from people who have no idea what they’re talking about. The answer, though, stares us in the face: totally inexperienced people are the only ones who’d find such advice plausible–and they are also the only ones willing to teach the party lines their leaders want followed. The ignorant lead the ignorant under the direction of those at the top of the pyramid, who likely know all too well that nobody with actual experience or understanding of the topic would ever teach that kind of nonsense."
5. Fact check: Donald Trump’s speech at the Republican National Convention (posted July 22)
6. Think Really, Really Hard Before Voting for a 3rd Party Candidate. Really. (posted July 25) "The most important outcome in this presidential election is that Donald Trump not become the Most Powerful Person on the Planet."
7. Donald Trump is a unique threat to American democracy (posted July 22) "It is impossible to know whether he convinces himself of his own untruths or knows that he is wrong and does not care. It is also difficult to know which trait would be more frightening in a commander in chief."
8. Kissing Shame Goodbye: Twitter chat about the negative impact of Josh Harris' book I Kissed Dating Goodbye (posted July 19)
9. ‘One will be taken, and one will be left behind’ (posted July 25) "There will always be another generation of Bible prophecy preachers to carry on the message that there will never be another generation."