Monday, May 30, 2016

Suzhou, China (photos)

Hi everyone! I went to Suzhou (苏州 pronounced sort of like "sue joe"), a city very close to Shanghai, and it was beautiful. Suzhou is famous for its canals and gardens.

First, I went to Shantang Street (山塘街), a touristy pedestrian street by a canal. It had a lot of street food and souvenir shops.





Next I saw Xuanmiao Temple (玄妙观), a Taoist temple. We got there pretty late in the afternoon and the main temple part was already closed. Here is some stuff around the area outside the temple:



And in the evening, Hendrix and I went on a cruise on the canals:









It was beautiful!

We saw a bunch of other cool stuff in Suzhou too~ I will post more pictures later.

----------------

More Suzhou pictures:
Humble Administrator's Garden
Tiger Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

ShareThis