1. On World Vision, gay marriage, and taking a stand on the backs of starving children (posted March 24) "It is unfathomable to me that people would choose to punish and drop the child they sponsor over a difference in doctrine."
2. Urban Church P̶l̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ Plantations (posted March 18) "I’m amazed at how quickly majority-culture pastors with no urban ministry experience acquire a passion for urban ministry and then automatically assume that they are qualified for the job."
3. The Day Evangelicalism Died (posted March 26) "As a result, Evangelicalism as we knew it, died. Instead of affirming the trinity and the inspiration of scripture in order to be called an evangelical and leaving all other theological debates open for charitable disagreement, the New Evangelicals have now added neutrality on same sex marriage something that must be disavowed before signing on. When leaders wished World Vision “farewell” and declared this “apostasy“, they made the lines dark and clear: you can’t be an evangelical if you don’t agree with them."
4. This seems relevant... (posted March 27) Yeah.
5. There is no such thing as ‘holiness’ apart from love (posted March 26) "What, pray tell, is the content and substance of this loveless holiness? What are these other laws that Jesus and Paul forgot about when they both told us that love is the fulfillment of the law?"
6. In which this is for the ones leaving evangelicalism (posted March 29) "Evangelicalism doesn’t get our loyalty: that fidelity is for our Jesus." Amen, amen.
7. And this baby elephant: